Steven M. Gitt, MD, FACS
Dr. Steven Gitt specializes in cosmetic surgery, offering the latest and most innovative techniques in: facial rejuvenation, breast augmentation, laser surgery, liposuction and body contouring and all facets of cosmetic surgery. His patients describe him as caring, compassionate, and understanding and as an excellent listener and communicator.
As the founder and medical director of North Valley Plastic Surgery, established in 1993, Dr. Gitt graduated college with distinction from UCLA in 1982 and from medical school with distinction from Wayne State University in 1986. Dr. Gitt was elected to membership in the prestigious Alpha Omega Alpha (AOA) national medical honor society in 1985.
Following completion of training in General Surgery at Good Samaritan Hospital in Phoenix, and Plastic Surgery training at the renowned University of Michigan Medical Center, Dr. Gitt obtained certifications from the American Board of Surgery and the American Board of Plastic Surgery. Dr. Gitt also holds the prestigious Certificate of Advanced Education in Cosmetic Surgery. He was the founder and original medical director of the Comprehensive Wound Healing Center at Paradise Valley Hospital in Phoenix, Arizona. Dr. Gitt is a board certified plastic surgeon. He is a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons.
Always on the leading edge of technology, Dr. Gitt has offered endoscopic procedures such as brow and face lifting, abdominoplasty, and breast augmentation since 1994, carbon dioxide laser resurfacing since 1995, and Photoderm-Intense Pulsed Light Therapy (IPL) since 1996. He has also accumulated extraordinary experience in Fotofacial and IPL treatments. He was one of the first doctors in the country to acquire and use the technologies for Ultherapy, Cellfina, and FemiLift. Read a recent Surgeon Spotlight article about Dr. Gitt.
National and International Spokesman
- Merz Aesthetics
- Alma Lasers
- VOLUMA (Allergan Injectable Product)
- Cell Surgical Network
- Venus Concept, Advisory Board Member, Consultant, and Research Physician for Venus Fiore
- Born and raised in Detroit, Michigan area.
- College: University of California at Los Angeles (UCLA) graduated Cum Laude with B.S. in Psychobiology in 1982.
- Medical School: Wayne State University, Detroit, Michigan; Doctor of Medicine 1986.
- General Surgery Residency: Phoenix Integrated Surgical – Good Samaritan Hospital, Phoenix, Arizona, 1986-1991.
- Plastic Surgery Residency: University of Michigan Medical Center, Ann Arbor, Michigan, 1991-1993.
- Private practice in Phoenix, Arizona 1993-present
Licensure And Board Certification
- Medical license in Arizona.
- Board certified by the American Board of Surgery, 1992, 2002.
- Board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, 1995, 2005, 2015. Certification good to 2025.
- Diplomat of the National Board of Medical Examiners.
Hospital Staff Appointments
- Abrazo Scottsdale Campus (formally Paradise Valley Hospital)
- HonorHealth John C. Lincoln Medical Center (formally John C. Lincoln Hospital, North Mountain)
- North Valley Outpatient Surgery Center
- St. Luke’s Medical Center
- Tempe St. Luke’s Hospital
- Clinical Assistant Professor – University of Arizona, College of Medicine-Phoenix, Department of Surgery
- Clinical Adjunct Professor of Plastic Surgery-Midwestern University College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Clinical Adjunct Professor of Plastic Surgery-Kirksville College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Clinical Adjunct Professor of Plastic Surgery-Midwestern University College of Physicians Assistants
- Member: American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Fellow: American College Of Surgeons
- Member: Arizona Society Of Plastic Surgeons
- Member: Maricopa County Society Of Plastic Surgeons
- Member: Maricopa County Medical Society
- Member of the Editorial Board of Problemy Higieny i Epidemiologii, a scientific journal of the Polish Society of Hygiene that concentrates on hygiene, epidemiology and public health.
- Member of the Editorial Board of HYGEA Public Health, a scientific journal of the Polish Society of Hygiene that concentrates on public health problems.
- Real Self Top Doctor